China Rising 3rd edition offers history students an in-depth account of the turmoil, struggles and triumphs of revolutionary China. This engaging and rigorous narrative outlines the late Qing period through to the death of Communist leader Mao Zedong. Challenging, varied activities and captivating visual sources help students grapple with the profound political, social, cultural and moral questions of the era.
This third edition has been revised to make it even more accessible to a wide range of readers. New chapter introductions and shorter chapters improve usability for students and teachers in the classroom. Key content is flagged within chapters and summarised at the end of each chapter so that students can easily identify examinable material. Glossary words are defined in the margin and language has been simplified—without losing the depth of conceptual content that has made this book so popular with teachers and students.
Written by an expert practising teacher, China Rising 3rd edition includes:
- engaging narrative—the story of the Chinese Revolution
- maps, diagrams and visual aids
- new illustrations
- a range of primary sources
- historical interpretations
- ‘check your understanding’ questions
- activities based on historical thinking skills
- did-you-know boxes
- glossary definitions in margins (with full glossary in ebook)
- comprehensive index
- additional student resources on HTAV’s ‘Beyond the Book’ website.